Every company or business should have its own unique and exclusive logo; the reason for this is that a logo plays a very vital part in a company’s attempt to gain recognition. Simply speaking a logo is just a name, symbol, or a trademark of a company, however it this tiny little icon that actually helps to make or break a business. A logo is more than just a small picture, it is a means by which your company can not only be recognized but can also attract customer’s attention as well.
Your logo can be made up of either simple text or it can be an illustration. It can even be a symbol as well, or a combination of all of the above, but whatever your logo is made up of its ultimate goal should always at all times be to portray the image of you and your business in a positive light. Your logo should at all times signify your professionalism and reliability. It should not only speak volumes for who you are, but should also speak volumes for what you can do for your customers and your prospects.
Importance of company logo designs
The importance of company logo designs is simple:
- Company logo designs add a touch of professionalism to your organization be it large, medium or small. They ensure that people see your business in a positive and professional light and give your business plenty of credibility and standing.
- Company logo designs also help a business in branding their product and/or services. By printing your logo designs on your stationery, letter heads, and promotional material, you can not only attract more customers but you can also give your logo design more recognition power
- Since your company logo design is the first thing that a customer sees, it plays a key role in creating a good first impression. Therefore it is imperative that your logo reflect what your business is all about and the image you want your business to portray.
- Company logos are a direct reflection of your business, thus it is key that your logo be professional.
- Know at all times that your company logo designs should be smart and elegant and that it should help you differentiate yourself from your competition.
- Company logo designs are also important as they serve as a reminder and as a visual stimulant as to what your company is all about.
Types of company logo designs
There are 4 types of company logo designs:
- Textual logos
- Illustrated logos
- Symbolic logos
- Combination logos
Textual logos are plain and simple text used in a logo format. The font type can appear in various shapes and sizes to convey your message, for example a thick font conveys your business’s power or strength, while a fancy script font conveys style and elegance. A good example of a textual logo is that of IBM.
Illustrated logos are simply illustrations used as logos. These illustrations can be simple or as complicated as you like. It is better however to keep your illustrations simple and to the point because a company logo should at all times signify your business’s professionalism A good example of an illustrated logo is that of Pepsi.
Nowadays symbolic logos are all the vogue. A symbol can be used to portray an abstract representation of what the company is about. For example a good symbolic logo is that of Nike.
A combination logo is a mixture of all of the above elements. A good example of a combination logo is AOL online.